Financial planning for a comfortable retirement
The key to a successful retirement is careful planning. Retirement comes in different shapes and sizes and means different things to different people. For some, it's spending more time with family, friends or travelling. For others, it's pursuing a neglected passion, starting a small business or volunteering.
Regardless of what retirement looks like to you, the key to making your ideal version of retirement a reality is to plan, save and invest carefully before you reach your retirement years.
At Family Financial Solutions, we’re retirement specialists and have helped many people just like you to plan, look forward to, and eventually enjoy a secure, comfortable quality of life in retirement.
Getting started with a retirement financial plan
Good news. It’s never too late to start planning for your retirement. In fact, we often advise clients that some structured planning in the last five to ten years before leaving the workforce can make a big difference to the quality of life you enjoy when you eventually do retire.
Key considerations for effective retirement planning:
- Financial circumstances and obligations. Current household income, assets, savings, investments, superannuation and financial commitments
- Pension entitlement. Means testing and calculating your pension entitlement
- Financial and lifestyle aspirations. Help ensure emotional and psychological fulfilment and wellbeing during the next chapter in your life. We’ll build in your lifestyle aspirations as part of our retirement planning process
- Retirement time frame. Where you are now, and where you want to be in the future are key ingredients in determining how and when you can afford to retire to the lifestyle you desire
- How much (money) is enough? Everyone’s needs and expectations in retirement are different, with varying circumstances, expectations and aspirations
- Superannuation and retirement explained. Superannuation savings will form a substantial part of our retirement plans
- Taxation incentives. The Federal Government offers a range of incentives to encourage Australians to use the superannuation environment as a way to save for their own retirement
- Government pensions. With Australia’s ageing population and increased life expectancy, there will be a greater strain on the Age Pension system in the future
- Income and asset tests, estate planning and more!
The retirement planning process
We start with a complementary “getting to you know” session, with a high level discussion about your current financial situation and your expectations and goals for retirement. It’s also a great opportunity to ask any questions that you may have in relation to our skill set and expertise, and to help you decide if you're ready to begin retirement planning with Family Financial Solutions.
To find out more about our approach to retirement planning, and how we can help you, please contact us.
Want to know more? Let's chat.
Book a free no obligation 15 minute chat with our team.
Want to know more? Let's chat.Book a free no obligation 15 minute chat with our team.
WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU
To find out more about any of our services or if you wish to submit an enquiry, use this form and we will get in touch with you as soon as possible.