Navigate the complexities of Aged Care
The prospect of entering an aged care facility for yourself or a loved one can be stressful and complicated, the loss of independence can be quite overwhelming.
At Family Financial Solutions, we understand the complexities of the aged care system including the various options for in-home and residential care, associated costs, payment options, and government support.
We provide you with an overview of the options available to you in an environment that is supportive, compassionate and respectful of the wishes of all concerned.
Melbourne Based Aged Care financial advice
With the myriad of aged care options available, and short and long term financial permutations to consider, we'll help you navigate through the complexity and choose the right financial path forward based on your specific circumstances.
Whether investigating home or community care, weighing up pension entitlement, or looking at the affordability of aged care, we're on hand with a wealth of experience to make the next chapter as easy and hassle free as possible.
Topics covered include:
- The cost and funding of care. From home to community care, the raft of options bring their own complexity. We'll identify the costs that will apply to you, in both the short and long term
- Pension entitlement. Means testing and calculating your pension entitlement
- Care and your estate. We'll provide guidance on the implications of aged care on your estate plan, including whether to keep or sell the family home
- ACAT and accessing aged care. Aged Care Assessment Teams (ACAT) consist of doctors, social workers and other care professionals who help determine the care service that best suits your needs
- Care at home. 77% of Australians who received aged care last year were at home
- Residential aged care. Facility costs, daily care fees and daily income tested fees
- Couples entering care. If you're a couple entering residential aged care it’s important to understand how the timing of your move can affect your means assessment
- Gifting. How money and assets can be gifted
Aged Care Financial Planning
Whether considering care and living arrangements with family members, contemplating downsizing to a retirement community, or untangling the means testing and assessment requirements, Family Financial Solutions will provide the right guidance to make the right choices. Get in touch for a free no obligation chat to discuss your options.
Want to know more? Let's chat.
Book a free no obligation 15 minute chat with our team.
Want to know more? Let's chat.Book a free no obligation 15 minute chat with our team.
WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU
To find out more about any of our services or if you wish to submit an enquiry, use this form and we will get in touch with you as soon as possible.